Nurtury Preschool, established in 1984, is a Christian, state-licensed preschool located on the beautiful campus of Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church. We provide a safe, loving, developmentally appropriate preschool program for children ages 2 years until kindergarten attendance. The preschool program runs Monday-Friday 9:00-12:30 with extended morning and afternoon hours from 8:00-5:00. Our calendar follows the Moraga School District Calendar with Summer Camp options.
Nurtury Preschool community welcomes all race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, socioeconomic status, or religion.
Nurtury Preschool Offers…
- Loving, highly educated teachers with a depth of experience in Early Childhood, CPR/First Aid Certified (the majority of teachers have worked at the Nurtury for over 10 years) with very low teacher turn-over
- Small teacher/child ratios (2’s 1:5, 3’s 1:7, 4’s 1:8, Pre-K 1:9)
- Modern classrooms are clean, bright and cheerful
- Classroom centers include art, craft, construction, science, cognitive skills, sensory, dramatic play, music, puppets, and storytelling
- Two large, safe, well-shaded outdoor playgrounds with preschool-scale climbing structures, slides, trike – tracks, sandbox etc…
- Engaging thematic curriculum taught each week (examples – community helpers, transportation, ocean life)
- Weekly Bible stories
- Individualized assessments and education plan
- Afternoon enrichment classes available
- Numerous fun-filled special event days throughout the year include Farm Days (with petting zoo), Pumpkin Patch, Christmas Play, Breakfast with Dad, Pajama Days, Mother’s Day Luncheon, Beach Days – all events are held on campus
- Family-friendly community with organized after-school play groups, parent events, parent education opportunities and parent mentors